You decided to change your diet and eat more plant-based foods. Now, you are feeling great, have more energy and simply loving this vegan lifestyle.
However, now you want to go beyond your diet and live a fully vegan lifestyle!
This means learning about using cruelty-free cosmetics and opting for vegan products.
Well, today we will review a number of these vegetarian-friendly products that will make expanding your vegan lifestyle beyond your diet, easier.
What Are Vegan Products?
It can be difficult to compile your own vegan products list because some companies are not necessarily forthcoming with their ingredients. Also, there are those who use misleading labels, which do not honestly reflect the contents of their products.
In essence, they try to appeal to vegan consumers, but in shades of grey.
However, you can opt to buy and use vegan products – food or other uses – that does not contain animal products or by-products, harsh or synthetic chemicals.
1. Vegan Fast Food Products
This is often the starting point for many vegans. A vegan diet requires that you consume legumes, seeds, nuts, beans, vegetables, and fruits.
New vegans might see accessing vegetarian items as an obstacle, especially when it comes to fast food. However, you have choices.
Many fast food restaurants are now serving more vegan options and including them on their menus. Even some of our favorites are considered vegan-friendly foods. This includes French fries, guacamole, sesame seed buns, and apple pies.
Next time you visit Quiznos, Red Lobster, Burger King, Chipotle, Starbucks, Wendy’s, Carl’s Jr. Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday’s or even Dairy Queen, ask about their vegetarian items.
Beyond that, many supermarkets and Whole Foods stores have a wide array of organic options to consider as well. These and other items can be included in your diet gradually as you master the life and eating habits of a vegan.
Thrive Market carries an array of vegan products. These include:
- Almond Flour
- Yellow Mustard (Organic)
- Pumpkin (Organic)
- Maple Syrup (Organic)
- Arrowroot Powder (Organic)
- Pecan Halves (Organic)
- Coconut Sugar (Organic)
At Whole Foods Market, you can purchase any number of organic vegan food products. They include:
- Yellow Grapefruit
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red Cabbage
- Butternut Squash
- Collard Greens
2. Vegan Hair Products
Harsh chemicals and synthetic products can cause adverse effects to your hair, scalp, and skin.
Unknowingly, you might use products responsible for dry scalp, dandruff or even eczema related problems. You walk around with pesky allergy problems, without realizing that the solution lies in changing the hair products that you use.
The options sold on Amazon are almost endless. There you can purchase any number of vegan hair products, including:
- Anchors Hair Company Courage Clay – Natural Vegan Hair Clay
- 100% Vegan Flaxseed Oil with Plant-Based Omega’s 3, 6 & 9
- Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner SLS Sulfate Free Organic Gift Set
- Hair Growth Vitamin – Vegan Whole Food Hair Supplements
- Vitamin Shampoo for Dandruff + Hair Loss – Anti Dandruff Sulfate Free Treatment
- Garden of Life mykind Organic Plant Collagen Builder – Vegan Collagen Builder for Hair, Skin and Nail Health
3. Vegan Skin Care Products
Our skin is the largest organ of our body, and it is a lot of exposed area, which requires constant care and attention.
If you use plant-based skincare and personal care products, protecting your skin and maintaining moisture becomes easier. Natural products typically do not contain the harsh chemicals that help to undermine our overall health.
Thrive Market sells vegan hygiene products, including:
- Dr. Bronner’s Organic Peppermint Castile Bar Soap
- Thrive Market Myrrh Essential Oil
- Desert Essence Jojoba Oil
- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo
- One With Nature Dead Sea Salt Soap
- Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub
Whole Foods Market distributes products made from plant-based ingredients, which are great for your skin. These vegan skin care products include:
- MyChelle Advanced Argan Oil (with baobab)
- Evanhealy Neem Immortelle Purifying Infusion
- Aura Cacia Nourishing Tamanu Oil
- Rose Geranium Facial Tonic HydroSoul
- Acure Marula Oil
- Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +
- Evanhealy Neem Immortelle
4. Vegan Beauty Products
Poor rats! They go through unimaginable testing so that we can look good and feel good about our self. However, those practices are cruel and often carried out on more animals, than just rats.
That is why vegans are generally big supporters of using cruelty-free products.
No harm is caused to animals or humans.
Thrive Market has vegan beauty products, including:
- Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Desert Essence Jojoba Oil
- Cocokind Organic Chia Seed Face Oil
- Alaffia Everyday Coconut Cleansing Face Wash
- Earth Science Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub
- Derma E Advanced Peptide & Collagen Moisturizer
Whole Foods Market also supplies vegan products. They include its top 10 sellers:
- Dr. Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk
- Juice Beauty Antioxidant Cream
- MyChelle Dermaceuticals Sun Shield Liquid Tint SPF 50
- Mineral Fusion Nail Polish / 0.3 oz
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream
- Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
- Mineral Fusion Lipstick Butter
- Evanhealy Rose Geranium Facial Tonic HydroSoul
- DERMA-E Hydrating Night Cream
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
Bonus: Vegan Household Products
Have you ever started using a household product and afterward your allergies are triggered. You or a loved one start sneezing, coughing or have a runny nose?
Often the products you use to clean your appliances, plates, clothes or floors are harsh and contain allergens. For those of us who are sensitive to these chemicals, it can be torture.
However, you don’t have to stick with those options. There are many vegan household products, which are allergen free and safe to use.
You can also have your pick of the vegan household brands on Amazon. Some of their vegan household products include:
- Nellie’s Non-Toxic Vegan Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Frosch Natural Baking Soda Multi-Surface All Purpose Cleaner Spray
- Truce All Purpose Cleaner, Peppermint
- Puracy Natural Home Cleaning Set
- Natural Dish Scrubber
- ATTITUDE Hypoallergenic Kitchen Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Citrus Zest
- Forever New Granular Fabric Care Wash Laundry Detergent
- Pura Naturals Stink Free Sponge
- Sonett Organic Starch Spray and Ironing Aid
Thrive Market sells safe vegan products, including:
- Unbleached Large Baking Cups
- If You Care Parchment Baking Sheets, Unbleached
- Thrive Market Lavender laundry Powder
- Planet Inc. Ultra Dishwashing Liquid
- Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner
- Amala Magic Sponge Cloth
Live A Full Vegan Life by Choosing the Right Vegan Products
Now you can step out of those shades of grey and choose the best vegan products for your new lifestyle. Even if you’ve been a vegan for some time, there are always new products coming on the market.
With technological advances, come greater benefits! So shopping online gives you global access!
One of those is the push towards clean living, having less carbon footprint and making the right choices for the environment. If these are important issues for you, then you are on the right path.
What are some of the vegan products that you use or have discovered over the years?
Share a few of them in the comment fields below.